ClickBank Marketplace Scams (2021) Top 6 Tricks Exposed
ClickBank Marketplace Scams. There are 1000’s of products on Clickbank.com that you can promote as an affiliate marketer. Most of them are legitimate products, but you will also find a lot scams on there as well.
I’ve listed my Top 5 Tricks that scammers use to fool people and a list of some of the ClickBank Marketplace Scams related to affiliate marketing/earning money online type programs.
I’ve also include reviews of shady bogus products I reviewed that aren’t on Clickbank.
This article is laid out in the following sections:
- What is ClickBank?
- Can I trust ClickBank?
- What Makes a ClickBank Product Shady, Misleading, Bogus, False, Fraudulent, Fake, and or a Scam? ( Top 5 tricks that scammers use to fool people)
- ClickBank Products Reviews That Are Shady & Scams
- Non-ClickBank Shady Products & Scams
- Legitimate Making Money Programs
- Useful Affiliate Marketing, and Making Money Online Tips And Articles.
- #1 Recommendation For Earning Money Online – Get A Free Membership – (No money down no credit card needed.)
If You Don’t Want To Waste Any More Time On Scams, See My #1 Recommended Way of Making Money Online And Get A Free Membership Today. – No Credit Card Needed.
What is ClickBank?
ClickBank is an online retailer with a global presence, secure payment processing, reliable tracking and payouts, and an extensive affiliate network.
Vendors can create and sell both digital products (such as ebooks, software, and membership programs) and physical goods through ClickBank. Customers purchase those products through ClickBank’s secure order form, which accepts credit cards and PayPal, and provides advanced fraud protection.
With ClickBank’s affiliate program, affiliates can promote vendors’ products and earn huge commissions. Affiliates use a ClickBank-provided referral link called a HopLink to direct customers to the vendor’s site. If a customer then purchases a product, the affiliate receives a percentage of the sale that is credited directly to their ClickBank account.
Can I trust ClickBank?
Yes. ClickBank is not a scam however, there are some shady products on there.
What Makes a ClickBank Product Shady, Misleading, Bogus, False, Fraudulent, Fake, and/or a Scam?
When I look at a product on Clickbank or any other platform there are a few things that are dead giveaways for the scam and/or shady products.
Here’s a quick outline and then we’ll go a little deeper into each section with examples below.
- Fake Testimonials
- Fake Owners
- Bold Outrages Claims of Making Tons of Money With Little Or No Effort.
- Limited Time To Act or Limited Ability Of Product
- Multiple Names For The Same Product
- Fake Clickbank Earnings Statements
1. Fake Testimonials
These are typically actors found on fiver.com. Companies pay actors to make fake testimonials for their products. Once I see these fake testimonials in the pre-sales videos or on their websites, I know this is not a product to be trusted.
Addition to using fiver.com to make videos they will sometimes use stock photos from websites such as shutterstock.com
2. Fake Owners
In addition to fake testimonials, sometimes they use stock photos or videos as fake owners of the companies.
This is the stock video from Shutterstock. The guy from Easy Retired Millionaire claims this is him and his wife. SCAM!
3. Outrages Claims of Making Tons of Money With Little Or No Effort.
I mean, come on people, do you really think you can make $500,000 a year with little to no effort on your part?
Other bogus claims:
“You make money just by moving your thumbs to tap your phone screen a few times a day”
“As long as you’re prepared to spend around 15 to 20 minutes each day tapping your phone screen”
Claims like that are so bogus. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.
4. Limited Time or Limited Ability
Another tactic they use is trying to get you to act fast by saying there’s limited time or limited availability of a product or service. This isn’t always a scam and sometimes it is the truth, however, when some of these other false claims are in place it’s safe to say it’s not legit.
5. Multiple Names For The Same Product
This one isn’t always easy to catch if you don’t know the other products that are involved. But sometimes you go to a website with the product name one thing, then click on the buy now button and it’s called something else.
The reason they change the name is that the first name got bad reviews online and is likely not selling very well, so they will change the name of the product and basically sell you the same thing.
6. Fake Clickbank Earnings Statements
It’s very easy to make fake screenshots of earning statements as this video shows.
ClickBank Products Reviews That Are Shady & Scams
Here is a list of products I’ve reviewed that are available through ClickBank. This is in no way shape or
I don’t do blog post reviews for all the products I review. Here’s a YouTube Playlist of even more scams.
- Ecom Cash Crusher $2000 A Day On Shopify
- Ad Formula
- The CB Code – Clickbank Code
- 700 Profit Club
- The China Secret
- AZ Formula – Scam or Legit Way To Make $2,000 Per Day? Review
- $800 An Hour? Instant Payday Tricks Scam Or Legit? Review
- Is Easy Insta Profits a Scam Or Legit? Review Reveals The Truth
- Club Shanghai Scam or Legit? “Shanghai Secret” Exposed Review
- $920 A Day? The Message Money Machine Scam Or Legit? Review
- Easy Retired Millionaire Review Scam or Legit? The Truth Exposed
- Explode My Payday The REAL Truth Scam Or Legit? (2021) Review
- Million Dollar Replicator Review (2021) Scam or Legit? Secrets Exposed
- Paid 4 Clout
- Captcha Club Review “EXPOSED” Scam or Legit?
- Referral Pay Review Scam Or Legit? What They Don’t Tell You
- Cash OG Review $500/Day Scam Or Legit? The Truth EXPOSED
Non-ClickBank Shady Products & Scams
Clickbank is one of the most popular affiliate programs out there, however, there are thousands of others. Here are a few scams I reviewed from other platforms.
- Cash Money Sites Review (Secrets Exposed) Scam or Legit?
- Is The Profit Shortcut a scam or legit? Review
Legitimate Making Money Programs
Reputable companies/people that can teach you how to make money online.
- Earn PayPal Money [WORLDWIDE] Method #1 Way
- Affiliate Program Search Find High Paying Commissions & More All From One Website
- Over 30 Profitable Side Hustles, You Can Start Today
- Is Wealthy Affiliate A Scam Or Legit? WA Exposed –
- K Money Mastery Review – How to Make Money With Amazon & Kindle Platform
- What is SiteRubix.com? 30 Reasons Why to Use It
- Income School Project 24 Review vs Wealthy Affiliate
- Indeed Dream Job Search (2021) Start Today
- How To Make Money From Amazon – 7 Ways To Get Paid By AMAZON Working From Home
- Home Based Business Opportunities – 10 Online Home Based Business Ideas You Can Start With No Money (2021)
Useful Affiliate Marketing, and Making Money Online Tips And Articles.
- 5 Free Headline Writer Tools Every Blogger Needs To Generate Captivating Headlines
- The Ultimate SEO Link Roundup
- My Favorite WordPress Tools & Plugins For Affiliate Marketing
- What Is A Swipe File? Plus Free Headline Swipe File Template
- 8 Things That Successful Affiliate Marketing Websites Do
- 18 Reasons Why Affiliate Marketing Is The Best & Easiest Way To Make Extra Money Online
- How To Increase Traffic On Your Website For Free
- How To Make Money With No Money
- How To Earn Money From Amazon Reviews
- Get Amazon Prime For Free
- The 9-Step SEO Strategy for 2019
- A Plan for Mindful Growth and Bringing Fun Back to Your Writing Process
- Indeed Dream Job Search Start Today
- Build Your Own Website In 30 Seconds For Free
- Don”t Get Banned From The Amazon Affiliate Program | Top Reasons Why You May Get Banned + Banned States
- Refer A Friend and Get Free Stuff & Cool Referral Programs
#1 Recommendation For Earning Money Online – Get A Free Membership.
No Money Down No Credit Card Needed.
If you’re serious about learning how to make money online please check out what I have to say here. This is a 100% scam free risk-free opportunity. You don’t even need a credit card to sign up.
Think about this: You probably found my website by searching for “ClickBank Marketplace Scams” or something similar. Wouldn’t you like people to find your website in the same way? Imagine having traffic come to your website without spending money on ads and promotions.
Just a small fraction of what to expect with your Free Membership.
- A community of like-minded entrepreneurs who are motivated to making a full-time income with affiliate marketing.
- Real testimonials from real members, each member has their own profile that you can read.
- Exclusive tips, strategies, videos, Q&As, etc. all around affiliate marketing
- Post questions, tips, and/or experiences with affiliate marketing you have.
- Two free websites on the SiteRubix Platform.
- Anyone is welcome to join. It’s like having your own affiliate marketing mastermind group!
Top Reasons To Get A Wealthy Affiliate Starter Account Today
What are some scams you found online or what hey do you use to find out if it’s a scam or not? Let me know in the comments below talk to you soon.
Dubai Expo · June 4, 2019 at 4:18 am
You have done so much in such a small article. It is quite impressive. The blog urges us to reflect on important things. Thanks!
Greg · June 28, 2019 at 1:36 am
DerrAd · February 9, 2019 at 3:13 am
Of late, I’ve read and watched several youtube videos of affiliate marketers who have shown huge income reports in promoting Clickbank products that made me perceive it as a go-to place for all affiliate marketers. However, reading your article has given me insights into why some products at Clickbanknk aren’t worth promoting. Not only have I learnt how to check the legitimacy of the products on Clickbank but I’ve discovered other good ways to make money online.
Thanks for putting this together and I hope to pass by sometimes. Keep up the good work.
Greg · February 9, 2019 at 10:36 am
THanks, and you’re welcome.
Mary · February 9, 2019 at 3:02 am
Hi, I haven’t heard about ClickBank before. It is good to know about it before we become their victims. I am always suspicious about the online strange business and spend time doing searches, but the information you have provided here saves me a lot of time. Using fake testomonials is unacceptable. Yes, I agree that the information ClickBank provides is very shady and there is no way that we can make over $500k/ year with little efforts. An immediate red flag. They are scams for sure. Thank you for sharing this useful information to me and other people.
Greg · February 9, 2019 at 7:25 pm
Thanks for your comment. Please note, that there are lots of legitimate offers on Clickbank. These are just a few bogus ones listed here and how to spot them.
Dave Sweney · February 9, 2019 at 2:55 am
Clickbank has earned a reputation as having a lot of shady programs that are not worth the money they are asking, often they have an inordinate amount of upsells in the funnels, and generally they promise much more than they deliver. Knowing this, you need to very carefully choose the product that you want to promote.
You own reputation is on the line too when you promote something that is less than advertised. Long-term you will hurt your business and so the best thing is to do the research before you promote. There is a process I go through that has worked for me over time.
Look for the red flags you mention, look at the rate of people asking for refunds, look at the value or the product from an online marketer perspective, and only then when the product has passed all the points, will I then add the product to those I promote.
Many people get lots of traffic by writing revealing reviews about the many scams that are out there, and in reality, they are doing consumers a favor. They will help these people avoid disappointment and wasted time and money. This is what you have done here, in that people will have a good idea on what to look for.
I also agree with the products that you do recommend as being ones that operate ethically and either deliver or overdeliver on their promises. There are good products out there, it just takes some effort to find them. Over time, a person gets pretty good at identifying the fake ones. Thanks for a good post!
Greg · February 9, 2019 at 7:27 pm
Thanks Dave, for your well thought out comments.
Nuttanee · February 9, 2019 at 2:54 am
Thank you for the warning. I have heard mixed messages about Clickbank. Some said it is the best one and some said watch out for it. As I have just started this online marketing journey, found myself so lost from all the overwhelming information. Will keep your tips in mind before I apply for anything on Clickbank.
Greg · February 11, 2019 at 6:17 am
thanks for your comment. Just keep in mind what bank itself is not a scam. There are lots of legitimate products on there. However, there are lots of scams past as well as I point out here.
Clement · February 9, 2019 at 2:50 am
Honestly I can’t agree less with your review. There so many fake products out there and unless one is really careful, I was so surprised when I found out that one can easily hire fake actors on fiverr to create fake testimonials,thats a bit shady and bad. I think wealthy affiliate is the best affiliate platform in the world, am currently taking the trainings one after the other.
Greg · February 9, 2019 at 7:35 pm
Gracen · February 9, 2019 at 2:42 am
Hello Greg! It is kind of you to have taken your time to write this article on how one can discover scams that exist in some of the products in clickbank. Anybody that wants to do online business or affiliate marketing is advised to do intense research before promoting any particular product, so that he wont end up misleading people and at the same time wasting his time and resources.
Your top lists are awesome. The annoying thing is that these scammers also buy reviews, that is they get people, pay them for them to give fake testimonials and sometimes fake review, this greatly mislead newbies. Your article will be of immense benefit to those starting out in online business and even pro in the system.
Greg · February 9, 2019 at 7:32 pm
Festus · February 9, 2019 at 2:41 am
Thank you for this informational and enlightening post you have shared with all.There are so many scams online, and i almost fell for one, a while back.The secrets you pointed out for detecting fake testimonials are quite revealing!And i”m quite glad that you shared a bit about Wealthy Affiliate, a helpful online community i was introduced to sometimes ago.
This has been a great reading, thanks a lot. Hope to come around some other time
Greg · February 9, 2019 at 10:32 am
Indeed. You’re welcome.